So you’re working out, and you notice that your arm muscles aren’t as defined as you’d like them to be. What types of exercises should you add in to give them more definition? Here are a few different exercises you can try out.
- Hitchhiker: targets back, anterior deltoid, medial deltoid, and rear deltoid. Loop a resistance band around a sturdy object at waist level, and turn so that your left hip is facing towards your anchor. Lay your right arm across your body with your palm is facing away from you, and draw your right arm across your body so your thumb is facing up. Do 10-15 reps on each side and repeat.
- Triangle Push-up: targets shoulders, chest, triceps, and core. Kneeling down, place your hands on the floor so that your thumbs and index fingers make a triangle. Straighten your body and slowly bend your elbows to about 45 degrees as you lower yourself to the ground. Press up and repeat 10-15 times.
- Bench Dip: targets chest and triceps. Sit on a workout bench with your arms on either side of your hips and slowly shift your hips off the bench. Bend your knees so they’re over your ankles, and start to bend your elbows 90 degrees behind you, lowering your hips closer to the floor. Straighten your arms and repeat 10-15 times.
- 10-10-10s: targets biceps brachialis, and brachioradialis. Holding an 8-12lb dumbbell in each hand, bend one arm 90 degrees with your palm up. Curl your left hand up to your shoulder for ten reps, then switch hands and do ten reps with your right arm. Do ten reps with both arms at the same time. For the second set, change your grip so that your palms are facing each other, and for the third set, start with your palms facing the ground.
- Arnolds: targets biceps, shoulders, and triceps. Hold a 5-10lb dumbbell in each hand with palms facing forward at your sides. Curl your arms up to your shoulders, and press your arms upward. Controlling your movement, bring them back down to your original position. Do three sets of 15 reps.
If you’re looking to crush all of your health and fitness goals, but aren’t sure where to start, Twisted Iron Fitness is here to help. We can help create a custom plan that best suits your lifestyle and body type. Give us a call today at 407-848-7736 to set up a one-on-one consultation, and make sure you like our Facebook page for updates!